cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error : Programming failed" while trying to program "STM8S103F3" microcontroller with "STVP"

Sarbjeet Singh
Associate II

I got a message "Error : Programming failed" while trying to program "STM8S103F3" microcontroller with "ST visual Programmer". Sometimes the microcontroller got programmed but several times it failed. I am using "ST-LINK V2" programmer (connections: - SWIM, RST, Ground, 3.3V) for it. I have connected a "1uF ceramic capacitor" to microcontroller's "VCAP" pin. What i observed in it that when microcontroller got programmed, the "SWIM" pin goes LOW from 3.3V. But when i got "Error : Programming failed" message at that time, the voltage on "SWIM" pin remains standstill at 3.3V. 

So, please, anyone provide the solution for this problem. Thanks.Message shown on STVPMessage shown on STVP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

This is an illegal clone of the ST-LINK/V2, its behaviour is unpredictable, which has also been discussed very often here in the community. I recommend you get an original ST-LINK/V2 and try again with it.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Sarbjeet Singh, to the community!

Can you please post a photo of the ST-LINK/V2 you are using?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Sarbjeet Singh
Associate II

Thanks for the reply @Peter BENSCH Sir. Please find an attachment with this message.stv2link.jpeg

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

This is an illegal clone of the ST-LINK/V2, its behaviour is unpredictable, which has also been discussed very often here in the community. I recommend you get an original ST-LINK/V2 and try again with it.

Regards
/Peter

@Peter BENSCH 

Thanks a Lot Sir. I will try it with "original ST-LINK/V2"  .