cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old STM Microcontroller

JulioXJ
Associate

Hello STM community.

I have in my possesion an ST microcontroller with the following information printed on it:

72F521AR5T

99021 V5  MYS 99 

and 3 other digits in the end which I am not able to figure them out. 

I understand that this must be a very old cpu but I felt the need to ask if there is any way to program it. Specifically, I have an old PCB (Runner Version 9.08.9 HAB - incorporates an alarm system) and I would like to play with it. I tried finding it online, but there isn't anything helpful on the internet.  If anybody has faced these series of CPUs or has any idea on the above matter would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.                                                                                                                                                                        

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> ST72F521

The ST72F521 and ST72521B devices are members of the ST7 microcontroller family designed for
mid-range applications with a CAN bus interface (Controller Area Network).
All devices are based on a common industry standard 8-bit core, featuring an enhanced instruction set and are available with FLASH or ROM program memory.

Datasheet attached.

Looks like you need a ST7-STICK to program it, but nobody sells it anymore.

Here's the programming software. Apparently still active.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stvp-st7.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

> ST72F521

The ST72F521 and ST72521B devices are members of the ST7 microcontroller family designed for
mid-range applications with a CAN bus interface (Controller Area Network).
All devices are based on a common industry standard 8-bit core, featuring an enhanced instruction set and are available with FLASH or ROM program memory.

Datasheet attached.

Looks like you need a ST7-STICK to program it, but nobody sells it anymore.

Here's the programming software. Apparently still active.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stvp-st7.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".