STM8 MCUs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

stand alone SWIM programmer/sample code?

Posted on November 17, 2013 at 22:48I suddenly find that we need a couple of stand alone programmers for our STM8L052 board. By ''stand alone'' I mean the application code will have to be loaded into the programmer and it will flash the production u...

tim by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

STM8S103K3 Drop in replacement for STM8S003K3?

Posted on November 21, 2013 at 20:05I plan to use the STM8S003K3 in my product.  However the flash has a life of only 100 cycles.This makes it impractical to use during development.  The STM8S103K3 looks like an exact substitute - is it?Is there any...

STM8L151G4 programming over UART with ROP

Posted on November 21, 2013 at 19:57Hi, I have STM8L151G4 with ROP set and I'm using UART interface. In my software there is an function which jumps to bootloader at 0x602d and it works fine. I can use commands like 'get' or 'go', but writing doesn'...

How to achieve real low power?

Posted on November 18, 2013 at 14:47I'm looking to build a small application which wakes up the uC each 500ms to handle some software loops, and then go back in active halt mode with RTC (alarm and wake up function enabled) and LCD running with LSE....

STVD hangs on build

Posted on November 19, 2013 at 18:21I have encountered an issue with STVD which is persistent also in the latest version (4.3.4). The issue seems to be pre-compilation (my guess would be generation of the project.lkf file), but I'll get to it in a m...

shabbyx by Associate II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Built-in LCD

Posted on November 14, 2013 at 11:50Hello, i am new at MCU programming. I have STM8L discovery one week. Please, can you tell me, how to configurate GPIOs to operate built-in LCD? I read user manual of STM8L discovery and Reference manual of STM8L15...

Register initialisation error

Posted on November 13, 2013 at 12:40Hi, Since now, I haven't worked with ST mcus, I use STVisualDeveloper, Cosmic compiler, and the microcontroller is STM8S207K8. I have some problems in what the programming is concerned. I try to make some initiali...

SDCC support in STVD..?

Posted on November 11, 2013 at 18:46Hello all, SDCC seems now to be able to support STM8 (see here for example : http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.sdcc.user/4461). didn't look more right now, but will in the next days. maybe ST could s...

ffred by Associate II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need clarification between clock and enable

Posted on November 08, 2013 at 10:45Hello,I don't understand well how the STM8L works, when enabling a module we have to enable the clock sourcing the module and then enable the module itself, that's OK.For module configuration (register access) it ...

LSE crystal selection

Posted on November 11, 2013 at 16:19I've read the AN2867, and calculated that for having a gain margin of 5, the recommended crystal should have a max ESR of 50K and 6pF load for a minimal 3uA/V transconductance. This will not allow to use any tiny ...