cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer not starting

KBrei.1
Associate

Just installed the new version 2.11.0. Never used any version of CubeProgrammer before. I am using it on Windows 10 with Java 18.0.1.1.2022-04-22. When I start it, just the start-dialog appears and disappears after some seconds. In varioius posts I have seen that this happens since years. Hints to re-install Java or use another version didn't seem to work. As the programmer is distributed with an jre, I tried to set path to its bin-directory and JAVA_HOME to the jre path, but this didn't change anything and calling java.exe from the programmer-directory just leads to a java-error message. Any hint how to get it running?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @KBrei.1​ ,

It seems to be a java issue related to your PC configuration.

As you may know since 2.6.0 version no need to install any Java on your machine, STM32CubeProgrammer runs with a bundled JRE available within the downloaded package.

To avoid any java issue, I suggest you use these steps :

• Open CMD with admin rights.
  • unset JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS and _JAVA_OPTIONS environment parameters(just set them to null JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS= ).
  • Go to the install folder : cd C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer-2.11.0-RC4\bin
  • Use this command to launch CubeProgrammer :jre\bin\java.exe -jar STM32CubeProgrammer.exe

Please test and tell me if it is OK.

Houda

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @KBrei.1​ ,

It seems to be a java issue related to your PC configuration.

As you may know since 2.6.0 version no need to install any Java on your machine, STM32CubeProgrammer runs with a bundled JRE available within the downloaded package.

To avoid any java issue, I suggest you use these steps :

• Open CMD with admin rights.
  • unset JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS and _JAVA_OPTIONS environment parameters(just set them to null JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS= ).
  • Go to the install folder : cd C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer-2.11.0-RC4\bin
  • Use this command to launch CubeProgrammer :jre\bin\java.exe -jar STM32CubeProgrammer.exe

Please test and tell me if it is OK.

Houda

KBrei.1
Associate

Hi Houda,

thanks a lot - that last step I didn't try, as strangely jre/bin/java.exe --version stops with an error message. But indeed - the programmer runs with that approach.

Regards

Klaus