cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer does not install

SamHansen42
Associate III

Hello, STM32cubeprogrammer fails to install, can you assist?

M1 Macbook Pro (Ventura 13.4.1)
Java Version = 1.8.0_381
STM32CubeProgrammer = 2.14.0

SamHansen42_0-1696273742002.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @SamHansen42 ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Please try one of the following solutions:

1- Install CubeProgrammer using the command:

sudo xattr -cr ~/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-macos.app

2- In case you used the .exe installer (sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.14.0.exe.) and the popup occurs during the install indicating the following:

""

cp: en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-14-0/../../../jre: No such file or directory

Continue Installation?

""

Continue the installation and copy the downloaded jre folder manually into the CubeProg install folder. To do so, please follow the steps below:

- Copy the jre folder from the downloaded en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-14-0

- Open CubeProgrammer install folder

- Right click on STM32CubeProgrammer.app and select "Show Package Contents"

- Paste the jre folder

3- After the install, if CubeProgrammer couldn't be launched via GUI, please try to lanch it via CLI as follows,

- Navigate to the /Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/STM32CubeProgrammer.app/Contents/MacOs/bin/

- type the command:

java -jar STM32CubeProgrammer

- If the jre folder exists in CubeProgrammer install folder, type the following command:

../../../jre/bin/java -jar STM32CubeProgrammer

I hope this helps!

Sara.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @SamHansen42 ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Please try one of the following solutions:

1- Install CubeProgrammer using the command:

sudo xattr -cr ~/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-macos.app

2- In case you used the .exe installer (sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.14.0.exe.) and the popup occurs during the install indicating the following:

""

Continue Installation?

""

Continue the installation and copy the downloaded jre folder manually into the CubeProg install folder. To do so, please follow the steps below:

- Paste the jre folder

3- After the install, if CubeProgrammer couldn't be launched via GUI, please try to lanch it via CLI as follows,

- Navigate to the /Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/STM32CubeProgrammer.app/Contents/MacOs/bin/

- type the command:

- If the jre folder exists in CubeProgrammer install folder, type the following command:

../../../jre/bin/java -jar STM32CubeProgrammer

I hope this helps!

Sara.

SamHansen42
Associate III

TLDR: DO STEP 2 OF SOLUTION PROVIDED BY SARA, INSTALL THE EXE AND MANUALLY COPY THE JRE AS INDICATED

1. When entered this command I got no response from terminal.

2. OK, performed

""

Continue Installation?

""

- Paste the jre folder

I would like to point out for other users, somehow I had a copy of .app directly under Applications/STMicroelectronics/. This was possibly installing using the .app instead of .exe. This caused confusion when performing step 2, i copied the jre here. Now I got rid of this. when you copy the jre I think you should copy to the .app file inside Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube.

I did this of step 3, but then realized my mistake above and corrected that. App starts

- type the command:

Thank you!