cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTile.box Pro .bin download

TJM
Senior

Ok, this should be a simple matter and I've done this before but I can't recall how I did it.  Not enough continuous exposure  to the platform, I guess.  With the stock SensorTile.box PRO plugged in and using the ST BLE Sensor app I get an immediate notice that a firmware update is available.  Update is applied with no issues, BUT, the actual .bin file is nowhere to be found on the Android phone.  I can find the original firmware file in the ST downloads for this Sensortile.box PRO, file but the updated .bin file appears to be a bit elusive.  Obviously, I can always install the original .bin then upgrade but what I'd like to do is download the updated firmware directly from the PRO to a .bin file on my computer using CubeProgrammer.  I've tried a few things but I haven't been successful.  My memory is missing something in the configuration of CubeProgrammer to make this work. 

How would I do this?

Thanks,
TJM

2 REPLIES 2
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @TJM ,

The procedure is described in Page 22 here 

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um3133-getting-started-with-sensortilebox-pro-multisensors-and-wireless-connectivity-development-kit-for-any-intelligent-iot-node-stmicroelectronics.pdf

IMG_8237.jpeg

 You need to have ST-LinkV3 which is not included in the Pro Kit . The MCU is U585 .

Hope it helps you 

STOne-32

TJM
Senior

Thanks for those replies, but this is not what I'm asking.

The latest update to the firmware for the SensorTile.box Pro is nowhere to be found.  I'm sure you ST folks have it stashed somewhere but the only way for me to have this latest firmware on my PRO is to load the original firmware that came installed on the PRO (which is no problem) and then proceed with the update.  No big deal, but it still doesn't give me a copy of the firmware.  I'm able to download the entire memory contents to a file and then reload that firmware by writing back the entire copy of the memory, and this works, but still not what I'm after.  I want to download, from the PRO memory, only the firmware application with no extra stuff.  Picking the correct size of the chunk of memory to download is the key.  I have the ST-LinkV3 but this is not needed.  I can do all of this only with CubeProgrammer and the PRO in DFU mode.  None of this is particularly important as there's several ways to do it, I just would like to be able to do it successfully using the method I've suggested.

Thanks,

TJM