cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to uninstall STM32CubeProgrammer on Linux????????????

A424
Associate II

There is an uninstaller at ~/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/uninstaller/uninstaller.jar

But when I java -jar it, it just produce a log then exited, and nothing in the log actually mean anything useful.

I see there is a old post about the same issue, but it never got any further.

As a software product from an actual company, not provide a working uninstaller is unacceptable.

Please fix this or provide a workaround ST.

6 REPLIES 6
InsignificantBit
ST Employee

Hello, there is a directory named uninstaller containing the uninstaller  in the STM32CubeProgrammer install directory ( /usr/local/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer by default ).

If your system doesn't automatically execute the java .jar program when opening it from a graphical file manager, you will need to start it using the following command (executed in the directory containing the uninstaller program):

$ sudo java -jar uninstaller.jar

Keep in mind, that you need to have Java runtime installed, eg. OpenJDK-JRE

Please actually read the post before reply...

As I stated, I already tried invoke the uninstaller.jar, but it didn't do anything other than produce a log which contains nothing useful and no any error.

It's simply the uninstaller do not work

I apologize, I will try to investigate the issue further.

Can  you please link the other related threads that you have mentioned?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

PavelA_0-1705263545020.png

@A424 Have you used the magic word?

the installer did not require root access, why the uninstaller needs it?

and the install folder is under my home folder, why it needs root perm. to uninstall?

I haven't try this since there is no any error in the log related to this, if something not work then run with sudo is also a bad bad idea