cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Read out protection on NUCLEO-144/F429ZI with STM32CubeProgrammer without USART error.

DAhn.1
Associate II

we installed an application binary on NUCLEO-144/F429ZI with UART2 as an external interface and USB-UART for debugger.

And the binary code been downloaded via the debugger port using STM32CubeProgramer with the tool option of "STM32CubeProgramer(SWD)" and "USB support(if possible): None"

It goes well without readout protection of OB(Option Byte). Also well in serial out on USB-USART.

By the way, once Read out protection was set to 'BB' from 'AA', it will not go well. no output on USB-UART.

What's my misunderstanding on the Readout protection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @DAhn.1​ ,

Thanks for the clarification,

After setting RDP to "BB", the device requires a Power OFF/ Power ON to re-start the application. Please try to unplug your board after setting RDP and then re-connect it.

Let me know if this helps!

Sara.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @DAhn.1​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

To avoid any misundrestanding, let me share with you my comprehension: Are you trying to load a binary file on your board when Readout protection is set to BB and the device is connected via STLink?

If not could you please clarify more the issue ?

Sara.

DAhn.1
Associate II

Thanks for your reply.

I loaded a binary first on my board and verified its work well.

This means that a hyper terminal linked to debugger port shows the text message what I want to print.

And then I set readout protection to "BB" in OB(option byte).

After the protection set to "BB", no message responses displayed on the terminal,

DAhn.

When you change RDP from BB (level 1) to AA (level 0), your program gets erased and cannot print anything. This is the normal expected behavior.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @DAhn.1​ ,

Thanks for the clarification,

After setting RDP to "BB", the device requires a Power OFF/ Power ON to re-start the application. Please try to unplug your board after setting RDP and then re-connect it.

Let me know if this helps!

Sara.

DAhn.1
Associate II

It's OK and solved my problem with your advice.

So far I reset using only reset button on the board.

that's my problem.

Thank you again. Sara.

DAhn.