cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Version 6.3.0 does not working ARM-KEIL uVision V5.35 or later !

SAHIN
Associate II

I'm using STM32CubeMX Version 6.2.1 with ARM-KEIL uVision V5.34.0.0 and C Compiler V5.06 Update without any problem. When STM32CubeMX Version 6.3.0 and ARM-KEIL uVision V5.35 or later still compiler does not give any error ,but code is not working on STM32F746 Board(Nucleo-144)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAHIN
Associate II

When I debug the code I found it 's related FPU setting on KEIL side. I have overlooked some settings when I switched to version of Cubemx6.3.0 and KEIL-ARM new tool chain. Problem is solved.🙏

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

So the code generates, the compiler compiles, no error messages, and the code uploads as expected, but the code doesn't do what you expect?

Perhaps the bug is in CubeMX generation. Provide some specific context for what "not working" here means, otherwise we have no avenue to debug.

At a wild guess, ensure DMA initialization happens before the relevant peripheral initialization.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SAHIN
Associate II

Thanks TDK,

What I mean by the Code is "Application loaded to NUCLEO-144 Board". It's loaded without any problem but it seems it does not start at reset. When I try to use Cubemx 6.3.0 code is migrated to CubeMX 6.3.0 than CubeMX 6.2.1. It does not give any error or warning messages. Than KEIL compiles code without any warning and loaded to NUCLEO_144 Board. I expect some LED's will turn on at power up or at reset to ensure application is working, but it does not. My application is using DMA intensively but I have not meet any problem with DMA with CubeMX 6.2.1 before. Looking to hear good news. 🙏

TDK
Guru

So debug the program, step through code, see where it gets hung up. If the chip has power and NRST is high, it's running code somewhere.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SAHIN
Associate II

When I debug the code I found it 's related FPU setting on KEIL side. I have overlooked some settings when I switched to version of Cubemx6.3.0 and KEIL-ARM new tool chain. Problem is solved.🙏