cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX install on Ubuntu 22.04: "Error executing /bin/chmod"

magnus_lindhe
Associate II

I am trying to install STM32CubeMX-6.10.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.

Following the instructions, I have unzipped the installation ZIP archive and changed the permissions for SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.10.0 to be executable. I have also made all files in jre/bin/ executable.

I then run SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.10.0 from my home directory and pick an installation directory in my home folder, but during step 1/7 of the installation, it fails with an error:

"Error executing /bin/chmod a+x /home/magnusl/STM32CubeMX/STM32CubeMX"

I have tried running the installation as sudo and I get the same error. I have also tried to manually run 

/bin/chmod a+x /home/magnusl/STM32CubeMX/STM32CubeMX

and it works fine. But if I restart the installation script after this, it complains that STM32CubeMX is already running, so I cannot make it continue unless I delete the whole directory and then I'm back on square 0.

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve or work around this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @magnus_lindhe 

First let me thank you for posting.

To resolve the issue you are facing during the installation of STM32CubeMX-6.10.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 you can follow these steps:
1- Delete the directory where STM32CubeMX was installed.
2- Restart the installation process from scratch.
3- When prompted to choose an installation directory, select a different location to avoid conflicts with the previous installation attempt.
By deleting the directory and choosing a new installation location, you should be able to proceed with the installation without encountering the error related to /bin/chmod

THX

Ghofrane

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @magnus_lindhe 

First let me thank you for posting.

To resolve the issue you are facing during the installation of STM32CubeMX-6.10.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 you can follow these steps:
1- Delete the directory where STM32CubeMX was installed.
2- Restart the installation process from scratch.
3- When prompted to choose an installation directory, select a different location to avoid conflicts with the previous installation attempt.
By deleting the directory and choosing a new installation location, you should be able to proceed with the installation without encountering the error related to /bin/chmod

THX

Ghofrane