cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not generate Keil projects using CubeMX

ali_dehbidi
Senior

Hi,

I can not generate a simple project for Keil any more, The problem happened after I have upgraded my CubeMX from version 6.0 to 6.1.1

How should I solve the problem? what's going on wrong?0693W000007Z1CBQA0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @ali_dehbidi​ 

This issue is normally linked to the java version used.

In fact, the minimum JRE version supported by cubeMX is 1.8_45, same for the version 11. For versions 7, 9, 10, 12 and upper, they are not supported and therefore a similar issue appears.

If you still face the same problem even when the java version used is supported, so there was a problem which happened during the Cube upgrade, in this case, please uninstall and re-install the CubeMX from site, and the problem will be fixed.

Hope my answer helped you, I'll be waiting for your feedback 🙂 .

Thanks, Khouloud

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @ali_dehbidi​ 

This issue is normally linked to the java version used.

In fact, the minimum JRE version supported by cubeMX is 1.8_45, same for the version 11. For versions 7, 9, 10, 12 and upper, they are not supported and therefore a similar issue appears.

If you still face the same problem even when the java version used is supported, so there was a problem which happened during the Cube upgrade, in this case, please uninstall and re-install the CubeMX from site, and the problem will be fixed.

Hope my answer helped you, I'll be waiting for your feedback 🙂 .

Thanks, Khouloud

ali_dehbidi
Senior

Hi Khouloud

Thanks for the feedback, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CUBE same problem, would you please send me the exact JAVA version that's supported, so I can test to see if it would be ok, I'm using windows 10.

Best Regards

Hi @ali_dehbidi​ 

All versions mentioned as supported in my last comment are supported by CubeMX, for my case, I'm using the 1.8.0_265 version (as an example).

If you still face a problem, please share your log file after facing the issue (log under C:\Users\..\.stm32cubemx).

Thanks, Khouloud

ali_dehbidi
Senior

Thanks Khouloud, the problem is solved. It was the java version.

Great 🙂 When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best (the answer that answered your question or that solved your problem). This will help other users find that answer faster.

Always welcome @ali_dehbidi​