cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX migrates automatically to 6.10.0

BlazejKrysztofiak
Associate II

I open project which was created with CubeMX in version 6.8.0 and get pop-up window:

BlazejKrysztofiak_0-1703238219633.png

I click continue and project opens but when I just save project even without changing anyting Cube version for the project changes to 6.10.0.

I can see the change in .ioc file immediately:

BlazejKrysztofiak_1-1703238334061.png

BlazejKrysztofiak_2-1703238369209.png

BlazejKrysztofiak_3-1703238380843.png

How can prevent CubeMX from changing version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

> If it still changes version to newer...

As I said, Continue does not refer to the version number of CubeMX, but to the firmware version. As long as you use the previous (frozen) firmware, the generated programme will also remain identical.

When you generate code, the project is automatically saved. This actually makes sense so that the generated source code framework matches the IOC that is then saved. The CubeMX version has no effect on the generated code and does not appear there.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, that looks like a philosophical question.

CubeMX recognises that a newer firmware may be available and therefore offers to migrate. A click on Continue then continues the project with the previous firmware version.

However, as soon as you save the project, the current version number of CubeMX is written to the IOC, even if no other changes have been made.

If you want the IOC to remain unchanged, you should not save the project.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
BlazejKrysztofiak
Associate II

Thank you for answering

If I choose continue then I expect project to stay compatible with last Cube version as proposed by Cube with "continue" option. I think that's the purpose of "Continue" option. If it still changes version to newer even If I choose "Continue" then what's the purpose of this option?

Also even if I don't save the project but just generate code it still changes CubeMX version to newer.

For me particularly it isn't a problem at all but my organisation policy is to not upgrade CubeMX version for existing projects.

So it is not answering my question unfortunately :(

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

> If it still changes version to newer...

As I said, Continue does not refer to the version number of CubeMX, but to the firmware version. As long as you use the previous (frozen) firmware, the generated programme will also remain identical.

When you generate code, the project is automatically saved. This actually makes sense so that the generated source code framework matches the IOC that is then saved. The CubeMX version has no effect on the generated code and does not appear there.

Regards
/Peter

BlazejKrysztofiak
Associate II

Ok, now I get it
It was just confusing since in prompt window there is information of staying compatible also with CubeMX version and because earlier I haven't have such case that CubeMX version is changed in .ioc and because my collogues which are working on the same file also don't have it changed.

But I am not sure if they have version 6.10 installed.

Anyway, thanks for answering me.