cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does CubeMonitor not show variable values?

White_Fox
Associate III

Hi everyone

I have a - for sure very basic - CubeMonitor flow. The goal later is to achieve a step response for regulator parameter estimating, but at first I want to start with showing temperatures only and fail here.

What I managed to do already:

1. Probe connecting seems to be successfull.
  2. Importing the .elf file seems to be successfull.
  3. Deploying also works.

I put some screenshots in, maybe somebody else has an idea what goes wrong here?

2 REPLIES 2
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello @White_Fox 

In order to have a successful acquisition, you must have more nodes :

- Some nodes to configure the acquisiiton, including a "ack stlink out"

- Some nodes to collect format and display the data. 

You should use the default BasicFlow. You can find it in the menu (top right button) / import / local and select STM32CubeMonitor_BasicFlow.json

More explanation can be found in the wiki : STM32CubeMonitor:Basic flow to perform a simple acquisition - stm32mcu

You can also look at the video MOOC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhWAZiVwMkU&list=PLnMKNibPkDnE0lxFD_LnXuzs6I2QsSKkm&index=4

Please, let us know if it is better with the basic flow. thank you.

Interesting thing. It is new for me to need a ST-Link out node, but in previous tries I had these nodes already.

Nevertheless, importing the Basic Flow worked for me after adjusting some after adjusting the variables to present, so I will continue from that.

Thanks for the help, but I have a feeling that I need to come back in a few days. ;)