cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor: setup as service on boot

acv_atr
Associate III

Hi everyone.

I'm facing some issues when trying to define STM32CodeMonitor v1.3.0 or v1.4.0 as service on boot on Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop version.

I'm used to Node-RED and there is a procedure to set it as service on boot quite easy and stable to implement here.

I have already seached on STM32CubeMonitor wiki and here at forum for some procedure but won't found any solution. There is a way to define STM32CubeMonitor as service on boot already documented by ST?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @_acv_atr​ 

STM32cubeMonitor is an executable that is packaged through electron framework. Therefore procedure used to set it as a boot service may differ from Node-RED one.

On Ubuntu you can add it in the startup applications preferences to launch it at boot.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @_acv_atr​ 

STM32cubeMonitor is an executable that is packaged through electron framework. Therefore procedure used to set it as a boot service may differ from Node-RED one.

On Ubuntu you can add it in the startup applications preferences to launch it at boot.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
acv_atr
Associate III

Hello @Richard.Chvr​ 

Thank you for your answer and workaround.

That approach works assuming automatically login by the user on power-up.

To ensure a better security approach, I want/need to start the STM32CubeMonitor before use login.

Tipically I can do this using a service.

If you have other idea or workaroud to implement this, please, let me know.

Thank you