cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any alternative to Cube Monitor?

NTosi
Associate III

Hi, I find Cube Monitor, sorry for the expresion, the worst ever software from ST and maybe the worst tool I have ever used.

I still try to work with old one STM Studio, which is hundred times better but because is obsolete now it's running out of the limits.

In my work, we use Inca and Vector Canape so I have a very good experience with live measurment tools.

Because Cube Monitor is uselles to me, could you know or suggest any other alternative software?

Sorry for my hard opinion, but this is only the true. Stm Studio is still much better and easy to use and it is not nexxesary to draw 5-6 lines and add 3-4 boxes to be able to change a single variable.

15 REPLIES 15

> If you have a motor contol algorith, then how can calibrate it without cube monitor or something similar?

There are many ways to telemeter data between the MCU and the computer or control software. I've always used a dedicated UART stream. This is very portable as it can be read by any terminal software. The newest ST-Link connectors support a VCP on the header itself.

So yes, you need some way to transfer data, but STM32CubeMonitor is hardly the only option here. People were doing this on STM32s for many years before STM32CubeMonitor came along.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
S.Ma
Principal

On android there is bluetooth electronics app which uses uart to hc05 bt dongles. Generic, compact protocol, use the phone screen to interact both way with the mcu, simple widgets and graphs. The dashboard layout can be pushed from mcu to phone. Only drawback is missing log save to file. Wished to have the version with stlink support....

And you can check the no cost requirement...

NTosi
Associate III

This is not so professionally, only to use UART data. Very basic and also you dont have the abbilty to change a variable on the fly.

NTosi
Associate III

It is not blame, it is critic and I think as I said CubeMX and CubeIDE are very nice, I could also critisize STM for Cube Monitor. They had STM Studio and it was better but they discontinued this and now they have this bad tool CubeMonitor. It is also not an excuse to say, it s free so it can be bad.

We pay to buy Nucleos etc. and they try to make some marketing with this tools and to make the uCs more attractive.

Piranha
Chief II

That seems very similar to a normal calibration and measurment tool like INCA. I hope it is not so expensive and I could buy a licence or maybe is free 🙂