cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPENAMP tty demo M4 stuck on MX_OPENAMP_Init

RMeys.1
Associate

Hello,

I'm trying to launch OPENAMP tty echo demo project. I succeed one time, the tty was correctly created and i can communicate. But I recently flash the SD using dd tool and after this operation the M4 code stuck in MX_OPENAMP_Init on :

while(resource_table.vring1.da != VRING_RX_ADDRESS)

Maybe something wrong in the device tree but i don't find any solution on web or this forum (i tried the solutions offered in an other post on this forum, but no results).

Best regards,

Robin.

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @RMeys.1​ 

Can you please give some precision on the image you flash on SD ?

if you come back to Starter Package delivered by ST is it back working ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Community member​ 

Yes i used the image given by the Starter Package.

Tanks.

Robin.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @RMeys.1​ 

Hanging in MX_OPENAMP_Init is typic of remaining Clock Init function while in production mode.

Take care to remove or put under IS_ENGINEERING_BOOT_MODE() condition, call to functions SystemClock_Config(); and PeriphCommonClock_Config();

cf this old post :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BXk417SQB/no-virtual-uart-device-is-generated-m4-gets-stuck-while-initializing-openamp

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.