cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will STM32CubeIDE be prepared for Windows 11 and when will it be?

Leszywoj
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

While I don't know for sure since I don't have access to any workstation with Windows 11, I believe Windows 11 won't change too much how STM32CubeIDE runs. If there are any major issues we will update CubeIDE and/or document work-arounds for the issues. The plan is definitely to continue to support Windows, including the latest versions.

Much like when BigSur released for macOS, we don't document official support for an operating system until we've had time to run tests and we feel comfortable labeling official support but CubeIDE usually runs relatively smoothly on the new releases.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Haven't you tried it out yet? anything doesn't work?

Leszywoj
Associate II

I am waiting for the official release of Windows 11 and the update of my computer from Windows 10.

The ST in the STM32CubeIDE documentation says nothing about Windows 11 and I don't know if it will work.

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

While I don't know for sure since I don't have access to any workstation with Windows 11, I believe Windows 11 won't change too much how STM32CubeIDE runs. If there are any major issues we will update CubeIDE and/or document work-arounds for the issues. The plan is definitely to continue to support Windows, including the latest versions.

Much like when BigSur released for macOS, we don't document official support for an operating system until we've had time to run tests and we feel comfortable labeling official support but CubeIDE usually runs relatively smoothly on the new releases.

Leszywoj
Associate II

Thank you for your answer :)

mattias norlander
ST Employee

A small update on the topic: Some sanity checks performed yesterday using CubeIDE 1.7.0 on Windows 11.

No major deviations vs Windows 10 was detected.

But keep in mind that our automated test suites are not yet deployed on Windows 11, so we cannot yet formally claim support for Windows 11.