cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Designer 4.22 fails to generate code

CZamb.2
Associate II

Hello all.

Since when we moved from TGFX designer 4.21 to 4.22 and STM32Cube IDE 1.13.0 to 1.13.1, we are not able anymore to generate the code. We didn't change anything, but now whem we try to generate code from TGFX designer, we get this error:

Generate Code
Generate
Wrote config/gcc/app.mk
Wrote generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/common/SimConstants.hpp
Wrote generated/user.config
Done
Generate Assets
make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8
Reading ./application.config
Reading ./target.config
wrong number of arguments (given 12, expected 11)
An error occurred during text convertion
Cleaning generated files from generated/texts and generated/fonts.
generated/simulator/gcc/Makefile:225: recipe for target 'texts' failed
make[1]: *** [texts] Error 1
simulator/gcc/Makefile:32: recipe for target 'assets' failed
make: *** [assets] Error 2
Failed

we are now stopped by this bug, can someone pls help?
thank you
Cristiano 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @CZamb.2 ,

We have worked on this bug and fixed this issue in the recent patch release (TouchGFX Designer 4.22.1) in all of our TBSs, so you should be able to compile your project with STM32CubeIDE 1.13.1 now with this version of TouchGFX if your project is based on one of our TouchGFX board setup. If you use a custom board, then this new version won't help, unfortunately. In that case, I would need to see your project (you can send it to me in pm).

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @CZamb.2 

First let me thank you for posting.

I want to start with asking about the MCU you are using for your project.
Could you provide a minimalistic project which contain the issue as I am not able to reproduce the described behavior?

KR,
Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CZamb.2
Associate II

Hello Semer,

we are using an STM32H750 micro. Generating such as "minimalistic" project would take a lot of time, with no success ensurance as the same project that is failing on my PC is actually working on others. We had the same issue in all the PC at the beginning, but in the others after some tries it started working (nobody knows why and when, that's clear that in the process we did something that fixed the bug without knowing it), on mine it seems to be impossible.

Please bear in mind that I have already unistalled everything and tried a fresh install both of IDE and GFX designer, but the problem persists. The only "related" difference I can see from my PC and the others, is that I have another release of STM32Cube IDE installed that I use for another old project (1.6.1).

Now I'm trying to uninstall all agian, the CClean, then install and see.

Finger crossed

CZamb.2
Associate II

Sorry, and again, as in the last week, when I try to download the STM32 IDE from site it does not work. 

All that is an epic fail for ST, so disappointed!

CZamb.2
Associate II

As supposed...nothing changed it still gives me the error:

Reading ./target.config
wrong number of arguments (given 12, expected 11)

is there a way to have this error better explained? something like a verbose level that could help....?

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @CZamb.2 ,

We're sorry about the inconvenience, there's indeed an issue using this new version of STM32CubeIDE 1.13.1 with TouchGFX. No worries, we're already on it, and hopefully find a solution soon. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some more info. Meanwhile, I invite you to use an older version of STM32CubeIDE if it's a possible option for you.

Osman SOYKURT
CZamb.2
Associate II

Unfortunately not, we are working in team and all the others are using 1.13.1 (just because one of us had problem with 1.13.0 and had been forced to move to 1.13.1). 

We really hope that you will solve that issue soon, the only way we found to work has beed to share generated files among users, that is something that we wouldn't have wanted to do (as you can imagine).

looking forward for the 1.13.2 then

C.

Hello @CZamb.2 ,

We have worked on this bug and fixed this issue in the recent patch release (TouchGFX Designer 4.22.1) in all of our TBSs, so you should be able to compile your project with STM32CubeIDE 1.13.1 now with this version of TouchGFX if your project is based on one of our TouchGFX board setup. If you use a custom board, then this new version won't help, unfortunately. In that case, I would need to see your project (you can send it to me in pm).

Osman SOYKURT