cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm33cube ide with iar or Keil compiler

JCuna.1
Senior

Recently I read that iar or Keil are better compiler than GCC. However I can not say the same for the IDE. So I don't want use another ide and I just want to use another compiler. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, the STM32CubeIDE is based on GNU GCC, which is used by a customized Eclipse IDE. It is currently not possible to use a compiler other than this GNU GCC together with the STM32CubeIDE.

If you want to create a program for a different compiler, which also requires a different IDE, you have to use the stand-alone version of STM32CubeMX, where you can set this in the Project Manager (e.g. IAR EWARM, Keil MDK-ARM, Makefile, etc).

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, the STM32CubeIDE is based on GNU GCC, which is used by a customized Eclipse IDE. It is currently not possible to use a compiler other than this GNU GCC together with the STM32CubeIDE.

If you want to create a program for a different compiler, which also requires a different IDE, you have to use the stand-alone version of STM32CubeMX, where you can set this in the Project Manager (e.g. IAR EWARM, Keil MDK-ARM, Makefile, etc).

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.