cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE upgrade

CTabo.1
Senior

Hello, 
I have recently upgradated STM32CubeIDE from v.1.13.2 to v.1.14.0.

The upgrade seems has gone well, as indicated in the Help->About window:

CTabo1_1-1705396108646.png

Anyway, if i check the window installed application list, is still indicated the previous version:

CTabo1_0-1705396031665.png

Also, in the file system I continue to see the old version 1.13.2, but not the new one 1.14.0.

CTabo1_0-1705396433143.png

This doesn't seem to be very clear and I am a little bit confused.
Is it better to disinstall a reinstall STM32CubeIDE?

Regards,
Carlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CTabo.1 

It is possible to install new versions of STM32CubeIDE in parallel with older versions.

I recommend you follow the steps in the "UM2563: STM32CubeIDE installation guide" to update an STM32CubeIDE installation.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CTabo.1 

It is possible to install new versions of STM32CubeIDE in parallel with older versions.

I recommend you follow the steps in the "UM2563: STM32CubeIDE installation guide" to update an STM32CubeIDE installation.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TDK
Guru

If the about screen says 1.14.0, I wouldn't worry about it. If on Windows, you can right click the icon and find the EXE that is running. It could be that it installed it within the v1.13.2 directory, but it could also have been placed in a local user folder.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you @Imen.D.

Regards,
Carlo