Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE doesn't show "Inizialize all peripherals with their Default Mode"

GOlin.2
Associate II

Hello guys,

I have this painfull problem:

When I want to create a new project, after choosing the board and the name of the Project clicking on "Finish"doesn't show the window wher can choose to load the default mode of the peripherals, but instead load immediatly the blank configuration.

I'have tried other versions of cube and to delete "\Repository"but nothing is changed.

Please any sudgestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> In the next window sort by “discovery�? and “F3�? and select STM32F303VCTx and then the first option, package LQ, and then click on “Next�?.

Sure sounds like you're choosing a chip and not a board. If you select a board, you don't have an option to select the package type.

Make sure you're on the "Board Selector" tab, which you don't mention at all in your steps.

Works for me.

0693W00000BbfaIQAR.png 

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

Which board?

Are you sure you're choosing a board and not a chip? Show a screenshot just prior to finishing the project.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Julien D
ST Employee

Looks to be the default behavior if choosing "Empty" project type instead of "STM32Cube".

However "STM32Cube" may be disabled for your device.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Please share board name you've selected, IDE release number, OS you're relying on ....

GOlin.2
Associate II

I’m not at home so I can’t post screens.

I’m using IDE version 1.6.1 (but it’s the same with 1.5.1 and 1.5.0).

The board is the STM32F3 Discovery: STM32F303VCT6 and my OS is Windows10.

I’m following this steps:

1. Open CubeIDE and click on “Create a new STM32 Project.
  2. In the next window sort by “discovery�? and “F3�? and select STM32F303VCTx and then the first option, package LQ, and then click on “Next�?.
  3. Chose a project name and then “Finish�?
  4. At this point, no other windows comes out and a ioc file open up with a black configuration.

Please help me out

TDK
Guru

> In the next window sort by “discovery�? and “F3�? and select STM32F303VCTx and then the first option, package LQ, and then click on “Next�?.

Sure sounds like you're choosing a chip and not a board. If you select a board, you don't have an option to select the package type.

Make sure you're on the "Board Selector" tab, which you don't mention at all in your steps.

Works for me.

0693W00000BbfaIQAR.png 

GOlin.2
Associate II

You are absolutelly right, at this point just click on "Next" instead of "STM32F303VCTx" in blue...0693W00000BbhnTQAR.png 

Was so simple... thanks everybody!