cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1 stops responding, stuck forever in "Build project", on Windows 10

GC.Selene
Associate II

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, Build 19042.964.

I just open a workspace that used to work fine. Just let it sit there, doing nothing. The option Project->Build Automatically is disabled. Tried and disabled Indexer, but to no avail!

Some weird Build Project thread gets started, which never ends and prevents any other operation. Even trying to edit a source file is stopped, due to this mysterious "build" in progress. You get the message "The user operation is waiting for background work to complete."

After a while the IDE stops responding altogether, the load on the CPU is Very high, and the only possible thing to do is terminating it from the Task Manager.

The following occurred while debugging through Segger J-Link, but it may happen in any circumstance, even while just editing.

0693W00000AMzefQAD.png 

Extremely frustrating! :persevering_face:

Has anybody else faced such situation? Any solution/workaround found?

Thank you very much for any help you may provide.

22 REPLIES 22

@GC.Selene​ your trace looks like some shared already on such forum but no clue about yet sounds.

As extra info, please could you confirm, then facing issue have you:

+ a Device Configuration tool (aka. .ioc editor / STM32CubeMX integration) activity on going ?

+ an .ioc editor opened ?

Is project under build according progress bar is project you were working on ?

As I said, I had the "Debug Configurations" dialog open when the program got unresponsive.

I was not messing around with the CubeMX, nor was I editing any any .ioc file.

I did not get the meaning of this question of yours:

"Is project under build according progress bar is project you were working on ?"

Thanks

Giuseppe

Ok Thanks for sharing one time more. Should help STM to focus on.

About "Is project under build according progress bar is project you were working on ?" I was wondering if any project name promoted as part of progress bar comment helping to confirm project under work is under process. Have you multiple projects as part of your workspace ?

Thank you for your time.

When the IDE gets stuck with the "Build Project" progress bar, no project name whatsoever is provided, therefore it is not clear what project is actually building.

There are actually 4 active projects in my workspace. Of these, one is the main application and the other three are static libraries. Please note that I unchecked all Project References in the application properties, so as to avoid automatic building of any dependent projects.

Thanks for YOUR time and material sharing ... lot of (too many at least) posts on performance issue past weeks since 1.6.x. Sounds a pain on ST side to reproduce so your sharing are very valuable to all of us as CubeIDE end users if helping finally to identify root issue.

My lastest question: have you access to remote servers ? Please confirm you've proper access to Eclipse market place to validate such Help > Eclipse Market Place. Trying to figure out if some check for update background silent process may lead to such trouble.

Yes, I have full access to remote servers and hardly ever a connection problem.

Thank you very much. Any help from the community is highly appreciated.

GC.Selene
Associate II

Stuck again! :persevering_face:

I attach some logs...

extract version.ini from the .7z archive.

Thanks for any assistance.

KR

Giuseppe

I noticed the Progress window is now stuck with "Refreshing workspace"...