cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube IDE .project file loses all linked resources 50% of the time

Rob Meades
Senior

I have an STM32Cube IDE project in which the .project  file contains all linked resources, since the source files are not inside the project. This works fine if I leave it alone.

However, during continuous integration I need to re-import a fresh project each time and I find that, 50% of the time, Eclipse loses track of all of the linked resources from the .project file and the build fails immediately.

If I delete the project and re-import it, it will work fine the first time but on the next build it will fail. Since this is continuous integration I just delete the build and try again, which works but it's quite a waste of time, and looks rather a mess, to have every other build fail.

I can't spot the thing that is causing Eclipse to lose its mind: forcing a clean build and switching the indexer off doesn't make a difference.

Has anyone out there seen this kind of behaviour and found a fix for it?

3 REPLIES 3
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

?? sounds weird behavior here. If faulty project are links still described as part of Eclipse metadata .project file ?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

The same occurs for me quite often in Atollic.

After some tinkering (moving the project from Linux to Windows and back, updates from git...) several linked files disappear from .project.

I notice such changes in git and discard them.

Looks like a common Eclipse annoyance. If you can repro this easily, please file a bug in the Eclipse CDT bugzilla.

-- pa

Rob Meades
Senior

Actually I don't have any "normal" file references in my .project file, all mine are linked resources and that entire section goes missing from the file when this happens

Interesting that you see the same thing @Pavel A.​ . I've posted on the Eclipse forums about this but no response from anyone so far. The repo this is reproducible on isn't public unfortunately, if I get a little time I might try to reproduce it on something smaller that I could send to them.