cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading From STM030f

voughtce
Associate

I am a newbie to the platform and have an older machine with logic issues.  I need to find out can STMCubeIDE read the program from the chip and if not, what do I need.  I have the ST-Link V2 but have not been successful in reading the code from the chip in order to see what is going on in the logic.

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @voughtce, to the community!

Well, a little more information would be helpful if you want to be helped. First of all, you can only access the STM32F030 if RDP (Read-Out Protection) is not set and it is therefore protected.

Furthermore, you should mention what kind of ST-LINK/V2 you have. If it is one of the illegal clones in tin cans, you will always have problems and you should get a real ST-LINK/V2 from a trustworthy dealer. Ebay, Aliexpress or similar rarely count as such.

And finally, information on how and where you connected the ST-LINK/V2 and whether the cable used works safely (test with other projects) is also part of the assessment.

Don't forget the source code of the project. If you don't have any, you would have to know a lot about assembler code and the internals of Cortex-M0 and the peripherals to understand and change the binary code - assuming that the Flash can be read out.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
voughtce
Associate

I have no source code at all and I am trying to get it but it in China it is holiday an nobody working.  ST-Link seems ok and was from digikey.  connected to the Vcc, GND, DA and CLK pins on the processor board.  This is not an out of the box devel board.  It is in a little conveyor that has 4 inputs and outputs a couple PWM outputs and an analog input.  I created a new project and debugger, but cannot find anywhere to "read" from.  That's really all the info I have.

Try connecting with STM32 Cube Programmer application 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi. In addition to previous answers - here you can find help with your STM32 device:  https://www.fiverr.com/categories/programming-tech/electronics-engineering/embedded-systems-iot