cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to configure Pin for STM32L432KCU6

Jaimin Desai
Associate II

I have seen a lot of videos for pin configuration. The one thing I have noticed is that whenever they configured the pin the chipset would be highlighted (Fig.1) but as you can see in the image my pin UI (Fig.2) is not highlighted and I guess because of this I'm unable to code. 

JaiminDesai_1-1689848238647.png

Fig.1

JaiminDesai_2-1689848286371.png

Fig.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Jaimin Desai, to the community!

If I understand you correctly, you miss the green marking of a pin, right?

Pins get three colours depending on their status: green, yellow or purple:

• If the respective periphery is activated in the overview on the left, the corresponding pins are shown in green in the overview on the right.
  • If, on the other hand, you click directly on a pin that is still free and then select a function directly in the list that appears, only the pin is blocked or preset - the actual peripheral function is not activated.
  • Pins that are blocked for assignment or allocation with a right-click and pin locking appear in purple.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Jaimin Desai, to the community!

If I understand you correctly, you miss the green marking of a pin, right?

Pins get three colours depending on their status: green, yellow or purple:

• If the respective periphery is activated in the overview on the left, the corresponding pins are shown in green in the overview on the right.
  • If, on the other hand, you click directly on a pin that is still free and then select a function directly in the list that appears, only the pin is blocked or preset - the actual peripheral function is not activated.
  • Pins that are blocked for assignment or allocation with a right-click and pin locking appear in purple.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Jaimin Desai
Associate II

Let me put the question this way. See how the color of the chipset is in the fig.1 it is dark grey but whereas in fig.2 it is a lighter shade of grey

Do you mean the grey colour of the unit, i.e. what the plastic cladding is supposed to represent?

Yes, the grey color of the unit. If you see Fig.1 even the pin that is connected to GPIO/output is in the proper green color but if you see Fig.2 that's my pin layout, the pins are not being highlighted properly after chip selection. I don't know where I went wrong in the installation 

TDK
Guru

Attach the IOC you used to generate Fig 2.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".