cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory dump to a file

R_DSP
Associate II

Hello,

Using CubeIDE v1.14.1, I would like to download memory to a file, for import into a worksheet, etc.  But I've not located the ability to do that, via the IDE menus.  Is there such a capability?  I'm initially dealing with floating point values, do it'd be ideal to download to a file in that format.  But any download format would be good, and could be massaged into float format after-the-fact.

Regards,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

You could try :

menu -> Window -> Show view -> ...other -> Debug -> Memory browser

there you get :

AScha3_0-1708376772772.png

(second icon) Export ....

(I never tried ...so up to you . 🙂  )

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

You could try :

menu -> Window -> Show view -> ...other -> Debug -> Memory browser

there you get :

AScha3_0-1708376772772.png

(second icon) Export ....

(I never tried ...so up to you . 🙂  )

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks!  Missed that one, it's a start (or possibly an end).  I can change the rendering to floating point, in the memory browser, but when doing the export from there, it's always in hex byte format.  I'm guessing there's no way to export in float?  I also see a "Copy To Clipboard" in the floating point Memory Browser, but it is greyed out for some reason.

R_DSP_0-1708380503604.png

Robert

Hmmm...

in memory browser -> export    i get this :

AScha3_0-1708381980737.png

and the data - if default (the three vertical dots)

AScha3_2-1708382439634.png

is set to floating point - :

AScha3_1-1708382290787.png

Thanks.  Yes, that presents it as floating point in the Memory Browser.  But if you export from there to a file, like your first picture, it's in native hex format.  Whereas I'm trying to export floating point data into floating point format in a a file.  Not a huge issue, just have to write a utility to translate the forced hex in the exported file, into floating point.  Odd, though, since the IDE already knows the floating point format, that it can't just write that to a file (and instead forces hex bytes).

Robert