cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Expressions showing wrong values

THML
Associate II

I am using CubeIDE version 1.11.0 for a STM32F411RC project.

After i've changed boards (between two equal custom boards), my live expressions started showing wrong values. The values are only wrong in the live expression, because if I halt the program and read them, they are correct.

I've tried removing the variables from the live expression and inserting them back again, but it didn't work. I also tried turning my variables volatile. I also removed all optimizations, but to no avail. I erased and remade my debug configurations from scratch, but it didn't change anything.

The only thing that worked was turning on the Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) in the debug configurations. It worked once, but when I stopped the debugger, did some changes, and started it again, it was all wrong all over again. It never got right again after that.

Is there some kind of configuration I am missing? The only thing I didn't try yet was reinstalling the CubeIDE.

4 REPLIES 4
Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hello @THML​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you please provide a simple project where the issue occurs to help us reproduce this behavior and further analyze it.

Kind regards,

Wijeden.

PReka.3
Associate

I have the same problem with Live Expression. Did you solve it, what was wrong?

AScha.3
Chief

my experiences with Live Expression : its more like a game...some work, most not; always i got it working on first setup/use , but after many mod program/compile/debug sessions or next day, more and more Live Expressions no more working...so, more like lucky, if they work. i almost stopped using them, because debug/stop normal expression working correct and so more useful for me; or use SWV - is working (just start or stop using swv is also a game).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Radosław
Senior

If this variable are structure etc, just fold and unfold them. In same cases, only eclipse restart helps.