cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a practical way to deal with the license requirements of all the files that STM32CubeIDE puts into a project?

VPaat.1
Associate

When creating a project with the STM32CubeIDE, the resulting files have a lot of different license requirements, including a large number of BSD-style licenses that require the reproduction of some piece of text in something that is distributed to end users. And I probably have not yet found all of the open-source licenses.

• Is there any practical and lawful way to deal with all the licenses that a given embedded project is subject to? I guess the main stages would be (1) finding out about all the licenses incl. those that reside somewhere else than in the header files listed for the project and (2) gathering the license texts to one place for printing or other processing.

• Any license-wise simpler alternative ways of software/firmware development you might find worth recommending?

Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VPaat.1
Associate

I have found an answer: There are ready-built binaries of GNU compilation tools available from developer.arm.com. Using them is one way to avoid code bloat and to have more control over the pieces of licensed code in your compilation. However, I haven't tried how difficult that path would be from scratch.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VPaat.1
Associate

I have found an answer: There are ready-built binaries of GNU compilation tools available from developer.arm.com. Using them is one way to avoid code bloat and to have more control over the pieces of licensed code in your compilation. However, I haven't tried how difficult that path would be from scratch.