cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STM32CubeIDE is enough ?

sesrikanth
Associate

Hi, I am totally new to embedded programming and going through documentations. As per https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/stm32cubeide.html, it says STM32CubeMX is integrated into STM32CubeIDE.

Do I still need to install STM32CubeMX separately ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @sesrikanth and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

You can use the CubeMX integrated on the CubeIDE.

Best Regards and welcome to our World.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @sesrikanth and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

You can use the CubeMX integrated on the CubeIDE.

Best Regards and welcome to our World.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

ManishNair
Associate III

You don't need to install CubeMX separately, its in STM32Cube IDE. However if you downgrade CubeIDE to previous version, then you require CubeMX latest version to open .ioc files created with higher version of CubeIDE

sesrikanth
Associate

Thank you @STTwo-32 , and @ManishNair for a quick reply.

I prefer the standalone version. I'd like to keep my tools separate. I have two screens and this way I can have STM32CubeMX on one screen and STM32CubeIDE on another. It's not needed though.

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.
Guillaume K
ST Employee

The STM32CubeMX integrated in STM32CubeIDE generates project files for STM32CubeIDE only.

The stand-alone STM32CubeMX can create project files for other IDEs: IAR EWARM, Keil MDK-ARM...

And it can generate cmake files.

Kudo posts if you have the same problem and kudo replies if the solution works.
Click "Accept as Solution" if a reply solved your problem. If no solution was posted please answer with your own.