cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the C:\%HOMEPATH%\STM32Cube\Repository to D:\STMCube\Repository?

KevinA
Senior

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Duplicate:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001Qey8HSAR/how-to-move-the-chomepathstm32cuberepository-to-dstmcuberepository

You can edit your post to add details instead of creating a new thread.

In the even you are literally trying to move a folder, that can be done with drag/drop in Windows Explorer.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KevinA
Senior

How do you tell STM32CubeIDE where to look for the repository? After 40 years of computer I get the cut&paste/Drag&Drop or cp /blah /blah/blah or mv /blah /blah/blah or replace /blah /blah/blah but on Windows mklink /d "C:\%HOMEPATH%\STM32Cube" "D:\STM32Cube" After you rename C:\%HOMEPATH%\STM32Cube and mkdir d:\STM32Cube then move the files from C: to D: when you dir C:\%HOMEPATH%\STM32Cube you will see Repository

It would be nice to just change a setting in STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX, my old setup ended up with two different repository directories or over 100GB of files to clean up.

"You can edit your post to add details instead of creating a new thread."

Strange way to post.. Thanks for the info

And thank you for the image showing where to set the repository path! I now know how to find where to post so no more duplicates

@KevinA​ Are you looking for a way to share projects with other people or use multiple versions of the "cube" libraries?

If so, instead of D:\STMCube\Repository you may prefer something that works on Linux or Mac.

We use "/usr/src/STMCube/Repository".

On Windows this is of course C:\usr\src\STMCube\Repository. Eclipse understands Unix-like paths everywhere in the project and translates automatically.

The path can be a real directory, symbolic link or a thing called "directory junction", as you proposed.