cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How convert TrueStudio project into STM32Cube IDE project ?

Peko
Associate III

Hello,

I created project in TrueStudio for STM32. Now I installed STM32Cube IDE.

I imported my project into STM32Cube IDE. During building this project appeared error:

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH

What is wrong ?

Peter

10 REPLIES 10
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

That error is usually due to the project being imported in an unintended way, usually it's because the import requires you to select the "File -> Open projects from file system" choice. Have you followed the migration guide (UM2578)?

I've also seen this when the project were using filters in "Project Properties -> Resource -> Resource Filters" and the project filtered out important files causing import problems as well.

Hello,
I followed the migration guide, but it still doesn't work. After button Finish appears:
Convert project to STM32CubeIDE project ?
OK Cancel
Then appears:
Fail create backup of project before conversion.
And then after building:
Error: Program "make" not found in PATH
Peter

Can you send the project conversion log to me? It's located in the project root folder and named "PROJECTNAME_converter.log"

Peko
Associate III
Hello,
I attached converter.log.
Peter
Peko
Associate III

Hi Markus

This is my converter.log:

Post-build step might need some manual actions.

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.as.general.incpath on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.as

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.gcc.symbols.defined on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.as

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.interwork on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.as

Option com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.endianess is no longer supported

Option com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.instr_set is no longer supported

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.interwork on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.gcc

Option com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.endianess is no longer supported

Option com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.instr_set is no longer supported

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.ld.libraries.list on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.ld

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.ld.libraries.searchpath on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.ld

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.interwork on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.ld

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.optimization.fno_rtti on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.gpp

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.optimization.fno_exceptions on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.gpp

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.interwork on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.gpp

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.interwork on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.ldcc

No map found for id: com.atollic.truestudio.exe.release

Peter

I have a similar problem, i followed the manual too, and when i click on finish nothing happens.

But when i try to open an atollic project in desktop (another directory that does not have workspace) everything works fine in the import proccess, but the project it isn't in workspace.

Anyway, i try to compile to get the .hex and .bin but this happens:

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:58: MyProject.elf] Error 1

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

And this is my converter log:

Project: MyProject

Converter: Atollic TrueSTUDIO project converter

Date: 20190618

Post-build step might need some manual actions.

Warning: MCU STM32L433RC matched multiple possible MCUs: [STM32L433RCIx, STM32L433RCTx, STM32L433RCTxP, STM32L433RCYx]

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.gcc.symbols.defined on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.as

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.common_options.target.interwork on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.gcc

No map found for id: com.atollic.truestudio.ld.optimization.malloc_page_size

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.optimization.fno_rtti on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.gpp

Unknown value type "" for id com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.optimization.fno_exceptions on tool com.atollic.truestudio.exe.debug.toolchain.gpp

No map found for id: com.atollic.truestudio.exe.release

Similar importing problem here, running under Ubuntu 18.04

Copied a project that works perfectly under TrueSTUDIO into a new directory that is selected as the STM32CubeIDE working directory.

Followed the migration guide.

The project converter gives 'Fail create backup of project files before conversion'

The project appears to be there but fails to build with no make file - so clearly hasn't migrated properly.

The converter log just says:

Project: LRWAN_V111_AcSIP_Multi_II

Converter: ST System Workbench for STM32 project converter

Date: 20180131

Nothing else.

Tried deleting and starting again. Same issue.

What could be the problem?

Note that the project was originally an STM4SW32 project converted to work with TrueSTUDIO.

Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ron

Found the problem!

There were residual files: .cproject_org, .project_org, and LRWAN_V111_AcSIP_Multi_II_converter.log (LRWAN_V111_AcSIP_Multi_II is the project name) in the project to be converted from a previous conversion from SW4STM32 to TrueSTUDIO

When these files were removed the project imported into STM32CubeIDE ok.

Clearly the import application was failing on trying to write backups to these same file names before importing.

The application would be a bit more robust if an overwrite option was included rather than just giving up without even logging the problem (although of course the log file itself would have had to be overwritten).

alister
Lead

@Peko​ , @Markus GIRDLAND​ what was the resolution?