cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidelines for migrating example RTC calendar Cube IDE exemple for Nucleo_64 to nucleo_32

JROBI.1
Associate

Hello

I have imported an example STM32L412RB_NUCLEO_RTC_Calendar from the L4xx package, into the STM32CUBE IDE

conversion and build is OK , no error

I would like to to make this example RTC_Calendar example built for Nucleo_64 (L412RB) running on Nucleo_32 (L412Kb)

i have seen some possible changes to do, but i am not sure

1) in main.h the include are differents , should i replace the

#include "stm32l4xx_nucleo.h" by #include "stm32l4xx_nucleo_32.h"

2) In the folder Includes i see a line .../Drivers/BSP/STM32L4xx_Nucleo , should i replace it by .../Drivers/BSP/STM32L4xx_Nucleo_32 ?, i think so but unfortunatly i don't know how to change or edit this line or where

3) anything else to do ?, i guess the anwer is yes ...

4) I have seen somewhere in this example, conditional compilation, and i am wondering if it is possible to modify something (for example a make file ) to take into account the type of board (NUCLEO or NUCLEO_32) ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

> 1) in main.h the include are differents , should i replace the

No. the 32 and 64 only refer to the different board sizes (pin count), not to the firmware. If the conversion was succesfull, check if you can complie the code without errors. If that works, you might want to check the pin assignement, i.e. which chip pad and board pin was mapped to what function.

hth

KnarfB

JROBI.1
Associate

Hello KnarfB

thanks for your answer

I did it in an other way, and that works fine

I am going to close this post

Rgds