cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with STM32H750B-DK

IGeor
Associate II

I want to start writing my own code for the STM32H750 discovery board. I have installed STM32Cube IDE, MX and PROG.

I have downloaded the examples for the board and I'm trying to build and run the GPIO example because its the simplest. I've chosen the BootROM_ExternalSDRAM_InternalSRAM build target and I appear to have built it successfully, although the FLASH memory segment appears to be located at 0xd0000000 which I think is external SDRAM. Is this because I am building a 'debug' configuration? I didn't see any other configurations.

When I try to debug it I get the following:

Info : Device: STM32H7xx 2M

Info : flash size probed value 128

Info : STM32H flash size is 128kb, base address is 0x8000000

Error: can't add breakpoint: unknown reason

I don't have any breakpoints set, unless there are automatic ones like entry to main. Is the memory mapping wrong? Is there a set of set-up macros that need to run to configure the clocks, external memory, etc?

When I power cycle the board the original demo application still runs so the internal FLASH has not been changed.

Can anyone recommend a good / better starting point for evaluating the STM32H750 on the STM32H750B-DK? In my target application I have no need for external memory or graphics, I just need internal RAM, and some timers / serial comms / GPIOs.

Thanks in anticipation...

Ian.

0 REPLIES 0