cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE is unable to install the v1.6.1 update on macOS

MattKefford
Associate III

This is less of a question and more of a statement for your information. I was not able to install the v1.6.0 update and have just been ignoring the notifications for a while, so when I saw that v1.6.1 was available I thought I'd try that but it still fails. I've attached a screenshot of the error output. There were many more rows but all to the same effect.

Also I am on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 and my current version of CubeIDE is v1.5.1.

Thanks!

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julien D
ST Employee

Indeed, to access deeper into an .app you either have to do it thanks to "Right click > Show Package Contents" or using a Terminal.

0693W00000AMmlEQAT.png

0693W00000AMmliQAD.png

Not fully compliant with Big Sur means that you might face some troubles. Anyway we don't expect more issues with 1.6.1 than you could already have with 1.5.1. Both versions are based on the same Eclipse platform.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Julien D
ST Employee

Hi MKeff.1,

Did you tried to apply the workaround, aiming to cleanup the updater cache, already shared on the Forum?

1. Stop STM32CubeIDE
  2. Remove STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/Eclipse/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository/cache
  3. Restart STM32CubeIDE and retry (Help > Check for Updates)

Regardless the update issue, be aware that STM32CubeIDE is not fully compliant with Big Sur.

HTH

Hi Julien, no I didn't try that already. I did look before asking but I didn't see the post you refer to.

I closed CubeIDE and looked for STM32CubeIDE.app which I found in Applications (makes sense!). I cannot open it though to navigate further to STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents, if I open it it just starts the app. So I don't understand your instruction number 2.

It sounds like I should just stick with my current version though based on what you said! So I will stick with v1.5.1 for now =)

Thanks!

Julien D
ST Employee

Indeed, to access deeper into an .app you either have to do it thanks to "Right click > Show Package Contents" or using a Terminal.

0693W00000AMmlEQAT.png

0693W00000AMmliQAD.png

Not fully compliant with Big Sur means that you might face some troubles. Anyway we don't expect more issues with 1.6.1 than you could already have with 1.5.1. Both versions are based on the same Eclipse platform.