cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot edit middleware header files

ollyole
Associate

Hi,

I'm following the LoRaWAN with STM32 Getting Started series on youtube and stuck with Part 6 - Low power modes. I need to change the "DEFAULT_TX_POWER" to TX_POWER_11 to work with the X-NUCLEO-LPM01A Shield.

I'm unable to make any changes to the region.h files in STM32Cube-fw-wl-v1.3.0. (Or any of the header files found in Middlewares/Third_Party). Is this normal and I just have to create new head files or am I missing something?

Kind regards,

Oliver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Florian LR
ST Employee

Hi @ollyole,

Sometimes some files are read-only to avoid modifying some libraries by mistake. To change this you can modify the properties of the file.

If you are on windows, right click on the file (in the file explorer), then go to properties and under the general section you can uncheck read-only.

On Linux open the console and use the command :

chmod u+w name_of_your_file      to enable write permission.

This should solve your file editing problem. If it persists, tell me and we'll look together where it can come from.

Best Regards, 

Florian LR

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Florian LR
ST Employee

Hi @ollyole,

Sometimes some files are read-only to avoid modifying some libraries by mistake. To change this you can modify the properties of the file.

If you are on windows, right click on the file (in the file explorer), then go to properties and under the general section you can uncheck read-only.

On Linux open the console and use the command :

chmod u+w name_of_your_file      to enable write permission.

This should solve your file editing problem. If it persists, tell me and we'll look together where it can come from.

Best Regards, 

Florian LR

Thanks Florian! Now changed and able to see and change the power consumption 🙂