cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32N6 and general MCU questions.

etheory
Senior

There was discussion of a new 20nm process with more reliability and a new MCU created using it that would be released.

Is this the STM32N6?

What ARM Cortex M-series will the N6 be? M55 or M85?

Will there be an M85 line at some point? What clock speed will it go up to?

Will there ever be a 1GHz H7 line to compete with the NXP 1GHz M7 i.MX RT1170 Crossover MCU range?

Will there be a faster M33 line (I'm thinking 300MHz to match the NXP i.MX RT600 Crossover MCU series)?

Will there be a dual-core M33 line in the performance series?

Are you considering adding a dedicated FFT processor that can run synchonously with the MCU?

Are you considering adding a math coprocessor like the NXP PowerQuad for synchonous complex/trig/fft/matrix math?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roman LUDIN
ST Employee

Hello Luke,

thank you for your interest in STM32 products and thank you for all your questions.
Let me try to answer some of them.
The incoming STM32N6 is not based on the announced technology, but another one. 
Yes, there will be STM32 products series based on CM-85. Stay tuned to learn more already during 2024.
The clock speed will clearly be increased to the region >500MHz and attacking 1GHz.
The STM32 roadmap will bring lot of new and highly competitive products, full of innovative IP's, efficient architecture and state of art, in-house, technologies.
Sorry, we can't disclose more now, but surely we'll be informing all STM32 users in the right time.

Have a nice day,
Roman

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Roman LUDIN
ST Employee

Hello Luke,

thank you for your interest in STM32 products and thank you for all your questions.
Let me try to answer some of them.
The incoming STM32N6 is not based on the announced technology, but another one. 
Yes, there will be STM32 products series based on CM-85. Stay tuned to learn more already during 2024.
The clock speed will clearly be increased to the region >500MHz and attacking 1GHz.
The STM32 roadmap will bring lot of new and highly competitive products, full of innovative IP's, efficient architecture and state of art, in-house, technologies.
Sorry, we can't disclose more now, but surely we'll be informing all STM32 users in the right time.

Have a nice day,
Roman

Thanks @Roman LUDIN I appreciate the limitations of what you can tell me, but the above is definitely heading in the direction I was hoping, so thank you very much for that.