cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow improvment

JOhn1
Associate III

When I'm working on configuring devicetree for a new board, adding new nodes and tweaking values, I often run into a un-bootable system.

What I would like is that there is a bit more information of what goes wrong.

Like now it just quits booting if some node in the references some unitialized hardware. like if vrefbuf perihperal is not activated, and I reference a voltage from there *Crash*.

Is there any ways to make the workflow more tolerable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @JOhn​ ,

I guess that following article may give you some hints about proper way to proceed for bring-up :

How to bring up STM32MP1

FAQ : STM32MP1 - How to create a device tree adapted to your design with STM32CubeMx?

Most important advise : generate DTS with CubeMX for the ST board that is closest to your design ( EV1 or DK2) and take it as reference for USER SECTION in DTS.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @JOhn​ ,

I guess that following article may give you some hints about proper way to proceed for bring-up :

How to bring up STM32MP1

FAQ : STM32MP1 - How to create a device tree adapted to your design with STM32CubeMx?

Most important advise : generate DTS with CubeMX for the ST board that is closest to your design ( EV1 or DK2) and take it as reference for USER SECTION in DTS.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.