cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum data rate of emmc can have with STM32MP15?

Gencay
Associate III
  1. My eMMC for my custom board support HS200 so I/O should be 1.8V, does STM32MP15 supports this speed and what is the max data rate?
  2. I will be only using eMMC for booting (no SD card or any kind of boot device) so should I go with STPMIC1A or STPMIC1B?
  3. Which output should I use of the PMIC's for the eMMC since it is going to be the only booting device it should be powered up properly at the start?
1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Gencay​ ,

1) please have a look to ES0438, there is a limitation for eMMC. DDR52 could be either use VDD=3.3V or 1.8V.

0693W00000SvaAhQAJ.png2) See previous, STPMIC1A is tailored for VDD=3.3V whereas STPMIC1B is for VDD=1.8V. It depend also on other external components IO voltages. VDD=3.3V is more usual unless absolutely needed.

3) See examples in AN5031 or STM32MP157F-EV1 as well as AN5089 or AN5260

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.