cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP15 OPTEE Minimum DDR3

hreysenbach
Associate II

Hello,

I am having trouble booting OPTEE on a custom platform with 256MB of DDR3. The boot log is attached. I added some debug printfs and I can see that OPTEE freezes on 454 in core/arch/arm/kernel/boot.c. I believe this is the first time OPTEE starts paging so I am wondering if there is a minimum size that the DDR3 must be to work correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂 Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @hreysenbach​ ,

It is possible to use 256MB.

But you can see in your log that the configuration of your TF-A is expecting 512MB:

INFO:    RAM: DDR3-DDR3L 16bits 533000kHz
INFO:    Memory size = 0x20000000 (512 MB)

If you really only have 256MB available this will create bugs.

You have to be careful to have modified all the fields where the Memory Size is defined.

Even if it doesn't help you currently, for information there is a page on the wiki to help you to configure the Memory mapping/Size in U-Boot regarding your DRAM SIZE:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_configure_U-Boot_for_your_board#U-Boot_memory_mapping

If you need more help, please can you provide all your DTS files and DTB if possible.

Best Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
hreysenbach
Associate II

Hello @Kevin HUBER​ ,

I believe that print is from TF-A when it checks to see how big the memory is. I have not changed the chip on the dev board (because that would be a lot of effort) and so it is still detecting 512MB.

I have updated all of the DTS files and attached them here. Let me know if you are missing any.

Thanks,

Haydn