cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP1 Developer Package. Building and deploying the U-Boot for the first time error message.

Kumo95
Associate II

Hi.

I am following the instructions written in STM32MP1 Developer Package - stm32mpu and meta-st-stm32mp/README.HOW_TO.txt at kirkstone · STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mp · GitHub to build u-boot

When I execute make -f $PWD/../Makefile.sdk all, I get following message.

Missing u-boot-stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.dtb file in folder: '$FIP_DEPLOYDIR_UBOOT' or '$FIP_DEPLOYDIR_ROOT/u-boot'

make: *** [/home/itron/Documents/workspace/STM32MP1/Developer-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.06.15/sources/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-stm32mp-v2021.10-stm32mp1-r1-r0/u-boot-stm32mp-v2021.10-stm32mp1-r1/../Makefile.sdk:130: fip] Error 1

I did cd $PWD/../../FIP_artifacts/u-boot, I can see u-boot-stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.dtb is in there though.

I am using v22.06.15 for SDK and Source

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Did you double check your FIP_DEPLOYDIR_ROOT variable that you have to export before your make command ?

If you only want to compile for one target (e.g. stm32mp157f-dk2), it is better to follow the 5.1 Compilation for one target chapter instead of the generic one.

Let me know if you can tackle your issue.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

As explained by Erwan, you must be sure to have defined the FIP_DEPLOYDIR_ROOT variable in your environment.

It is explained here: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_compile_the_device_tree_with_the_Developer_Package#TF-A_-_regenerate_TF-A

Were you able to finish the compilation?

Best Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.