cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplest way to intsall the NFS client on the DK1.

JSchn.5
Associate III

Specifically the STM32MP157D Discovery Kit

To avoid labour-intensive file copies I'd like to simply mount something on my server where I'm going to cross-compile things which will allow me to test a particular bit of functionality. I do not want to do any major re-builds just yet.

But I see the DK1 as supplied seems not to have NFS support in the form of a mount.nfs utility though NFS is mentioned in /proc/filesystems. Or if it is there I have failed to understand it.

I thought I'd be able to do something like apt-get install nfs-client or nfs-common but there's no such package.

I see there's already a package called packagegroup-base-nfs installed which contains no files according to dpkg. kernel ouput also says "NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type" implying some part of NFS is present at least.

This is the kind of thing I've tried and the error.

root@stm32mp1:/etc# mount -t nfs -o ro,nolock 192.168.x.x:/home/jon/STM32MPU_workspace /mnt/STM32MPU_workspace

mount: /mnt/STM32MPU_workspace: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JSchn.5
Associate III

Turns out I needed to re-flash with the latest downloaded stuff and now I can mount NFS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JSchn.5
Associate III

Turns out I needed to re-flash with the latest downloaded stuff and now I can mount NFS.