cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN8720 Custom SOM Issue

NPal.2
Senior

We have custom SOM which has been designed with STM32MP157C.

We are using the OpenSTLinux 3.0.0 as of now as the distribution running on it.

In case of LAN PHY interfacing we are using LAN8720.

There is a strange behavior , upon I can see the below message in top.

0693W00000Hr4uWQAR.pngThis process is hampering the cpu performance. When running GUI based application I can see definite lag which occurring because of this.

The issue completely random earlier but now pretty consistent.

Any ideas what might be happening here?

Any leads are highly appreciated TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi NPal.2 (Community Member)

It may be linked to the PHY interrupt when rising edge is detected on phy_intr_i input, causing a ETH0 global interrupt. it can be cleared when this register is read. you can try to mask out the phy interrupt using ETH_MACIER->PHYIE=0 to see if it makes any change + investigating towards the LAN8720 status registers. Otherwise you need to find the source causing the interrupt in the ETH_MACISR.

Rgds,

Olivier

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
OlivierK
ST Employee

It may be linked to the PHY interrupt when rising edge is detected on phy_intr_i input, causing a ETH0 global interrupt. it can be cleared when this register is read. you can try to mask out the phy interrupt using ETH_MACIER->PHYIE=0 to see if it makes any change + investigating towards the LAN8720 status registers. Otherwise you need to find the source causing the interrupt in the ETH_MACISR.

Rgds,

Olivier

NPal.2
Senior

@OlivierK​ Thanks for the response. We have root caused it. Posting another query around that on forum soon.

OlivierK
ST Employee

Thanks for your answer. Could you share the root cause? That may help others on the community.

Regards,

Olivier