cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to load an OS on a custom board using STM32Cube tools instead of an evaluation board?

KNam.2
Associate II

I am currently developing using STM32mp157fad and have a question. Here are the steps I have taken:

1. Used STM32CubeProgrammer to upload the stm32mp157f-ev1 image to an SD card.
  2. Used STM32CubeMX to configure the GPIOs to be used with stm32mp157fad, generated code, and copied the device tree generated by the code generator to the SD card with OpenSTLinux installed.

I'm wondering if this method is valid for use. If this is not the correct approach, I would like to know more information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @KNam.2​ ,

I understand you want to generate an image for your custom board based on stm32mp157fad right ?

Depending how you design is close to the EV1 it might be more or less straigt forward but for generic WoW I guess you can start with this article

FAQ : STM32MP1 - How to create a device tree adapted to your design with STM32CubeMx?

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @KNam.2​ ,

I understand you want to generate an image for your custom board based on stm32mp157fad right ?

Depending how you design is close to the EV1 it might be more or less straigt forward but for generic WoW I guess you can start with this article

FAQ : STM32MP1 - How to create a device tree adapted to your design with STM32CubeMx?

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.