cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Cortex M4 in engineering mode, is it necessary to edit and build device trees for custom modifications?

MNoor.1
Associate II

Hello,

I'm trying to connect stm32mp157c-dk2 board with another device over FDCAN in engineering mode (MCU single core) using CN2 pin 3 and 5 (stm32 PA12 and PA11 pins respectively). Though I can initialize and request to use FDCAN1 from resource manager utility without any error, FDCAN related interrupts still don't get fired. Do I need to assign RX/TX pins to M4 FDCAN1 in tf-a, u-boot or kernel device trees.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MNoor.1​ 

In Engeneering mode A7 is on hold and M4 is able to initialize the assigned IPs as per configured in CubeMX.

Thus, not need to change anything on Linux side. ( have to be done when you will move to Production mode)

I guess you should check your FDCAN and related IT settings in CubeMX.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MNoor.1​ 

In Engeneering mode A7 is on hold and M4 is able to initialize the assigned IPs as per configured in CubeMX.

Thus, not need to change anything on Linux side. ( have to be done when you will move to Production mode)

I guess you should check your FDCAN and related IT settings in CubeMX.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.