cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Host and 1 device USB

allard
Senior

My current application uses 2 USB ports, both connected to USBPHYC (STM32MP157F). The OTG one is used for programming using CubeProgrammer.

My new revision requires 3 USB ports, 2 host and the programming port.

According to https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mpus-software-development/how-to-enable-3-usb-ports-on-stm32mp1/td-p/269938 it is (still) not possible to configure this in CubeMX.

Im wondering if this configuration is going to work:

USBH_HS1->USBPHYC-> USB_DM/DP1 pins (Host)

USBH_HS2->USBPHYC-> USB_DM/DP2 pins (Host)

USB_OTG->OTG FS Phy->PA11/PA12 pins (device/programming)

AN5031 states that the internal bootROM will use high-speed, which means my suggested setup is not possible?

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @allard 

yes, what listed in AN5031 will work (although not usual, I know some customers use that).

You should manually adapt the Device Tree to this case.

For the flashing, you should also build a specific uBoot (used only for flashing, i.e. only for the part #3 fip-boot line in flashlayout file) which must use USB_DM/DP2 pins as USB_OTG device mode high-speed (so specific Device Tree for this uBoot, like this). Then the flashed uBoot use your 3 port scheme as you need.

Obviously, you also need a non-standard USB Type-A <-> Type-A cable to connect to the PC to the right board connector (ok as only for production flashload).

Obviously, adding a hub IC as on STM32MP157F-DK is more straightforward (and bring OTG in high-speed), but more external components required.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.