cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am Using STM32MP157FAA1 for one of the Product. I need help for booting the processor using SDMMC2 which is SD CARD.

US.2
Associate
  1. Can some one help me to know what would be the default factory OTP settings on the processor - STM32MP157FAA1 - or should it be set by the User?
  2. Does the Default Comes with SDMMC1 set for the Boot?
  3. If I need to change from SDMMC1 to SDMMC2 as the Primary boot what is the procedure and which tool has to be used for it?
  4. I need the secondary boot as USB how to set this.

1 REPLY 1
PatrickF
ST Employee

HI @US.2​ 

Note that Boot from SD-Card using default SDMMC1 pins (See AN5031 or wiki) does not requires any OTP programming. Maybe worth to challenge your design choice as this could simplify your production setup.

some answers

1. please see Product Reference Manual (RM0436), OTP mapping section. You will see all the OTP set in ST factory (mostly internal trimming/setup as well as unique identification)
  2. Please have a look to AN5031 or wiki. By default SDMMC1 is used for SD-Card boot
  3. There is no need to change to SDMMC2 for primary, but you should define SD-Card boot to SDMMC2 (using OTP Word3 = 0x00000010) as well defining the SDMMC2 pins you want to be used, using OTP Word5 to 7 (mandatory here). Please look at this post for an example: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001X1VehSAF
  4. USB Boot not needed as you could either have it changing Boot pins (from SD-Card to Serial Boot) or simply removing SD-Card as BootROM will fallback to serial if fail to load FSBL from Flash. See https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ROM_code_overview#Boot_device_selection

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.