cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are building a board based on ST32mp157c and have problems enabling USB port 1. We did not include the ECMF02-2AMX6 choke. Could this be the problem?

SLetter
Associate III

We have also deleted the OTG (USBC) hardware and have commented out the code to check for the OTG power., Otherwise we are using the basic defconfig and the DK2 devtree.

6 REPLIES 6
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @nonesuchetter​ ,

ECMF02-2AMX6 is used to protect from ESD and EMI, it should work without it.

What is the problem that you encounter with the USB port 1? Do you have an error?

The port related to OTG is the port 2:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/USBPHYC_device_tree_configuration#DT_bindings_documentation

Can you explain the modifications that you made, because you normally doesn't need to modify code part:

We have also deleted the OTG (USBC) hardware and have commented out the code to check for the OTG power.,

May I know which Ecosystem are you using and please can you indicate the file that you are using when you say "using the basic defconfig" ?

To help you, I will also need the traces made during the boot by your board.

Best Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Steve Letter You're never to old to learn something stupid.  -- unknown
SLetter
Associate III

For some reason my answer didn't come through. I include it here.

What is the problem that you encounter with the USB port 1? Do you have an error?

The port doesn't reset.

The port related to OTG is the port 2:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/USBPHYC_device_tree_configuration#DT_bindings_documentation

Can you explain the modifications that you made, because you normally doesn't need to modify code part:

Commented out board_check_usb_power();

in board/st/stm32mp1/stm32mp1.c

We have also deleted the OTG (USBC) hardware and have commented out the code to check for the OTG power.,

May I know which Ecosystem are you using and please can you indicate the file that you are using when you say "using the basic defconfig" ?

Ecosystem-v3.1.0 Build u-boot as follows:

make stm32mp15_basic_defconfig

make menuconfig (to enable debug log)

make -DEVICE_TREE=stm32mp157c-dk2 all

To help you, I will also need the traces made during the boot by your board.

I have attached the u-boot startup log as well as the usb start log. Attached to the USB A (dm1, dp1) port is a full speed device, a ZIP 250 drive.

SLetter
Associate III

Second attached file

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @nonesuchetter​ ,

Are you aware that ST does not recommend and support product using basic_defconfig ?

It's remains present on 3.1 ecosystem as a legacy to build the U-Boot SPL flavor require for DDR test and tuning.

In link below it's stated that Uboot-SPL has a very limited feature set

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu-ecosystem-v1/wiki/Boot_chains_overview#Boot_chains_features_set

Maybe you are fully aware and already handle this, but anyway, ST cannot support you really further in this direction.

Any rational to not use trusted config?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
We have this issue with both builds, basic and trusted. We will be using trusted configuration in our product, support for this along with the crypto engine was a deciding factor going with this SOC (we provide security devices for the military).
Steve Letter
Sent from my Symbolics Lisp Machine using zmail.