cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why if I set number of characteristics greater than 1 into STM32WB55 BLE service, I can't find the device with ST BLE Toolbox?

RGrig.1
Associate

I have a characteristic1 as a write and I want to add a second characteristic as a read, but when I add this second I can't fint the device with the App?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

When you add a characteristic to a service, you should increase the value Max_Attribute_Records parameter when you call aci_gatt_add_service function.

The number of attribute records goes from 2 to 5 depending on the characteristic properties:

• Minimum of 2 (1 for declaration and 1 for the value)
  • Add 1 more record for each additional property: Notify or Indicate, Broadcast, Extended property
    • Notify and Indicate properties correspond to CCCD (Client Characteristic Configuration Descriptor)
    • Broadcast property corresponds to SCCD (Server Characteristic Configuration Descriptor)
    • Extended property corresponds to CEPD (Characteristic Extended Property Descriptor)

Best Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

When you add a characteristic to a service, you should increase the value Max_Attribute_Records parameter when you call aci_gatt_add_service function.

The number of attribute records goes from 2 to 5 depending on the characteristic properties:

• Minimum of 2 (1 for declaration and 1 for the value)
  • Add 1 more record for each additional property: Notify or Indicate, Broadcast, Extended property
    • Notify and Indicate properties correspond to CCCD (Client Characteristic Configuration Descriptor)
    • Broadcast property corresponds to SCCD (Server Characteristic Configuration Descriptor)
    • Extended property corresponds to CEPD (Characteristic Extended Property Descriptor)

Best Regards