cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the ST-Link V3E on the STM32WL-Nucleo Board

AElgh
Associate III

Hello, 

I used the onboard ST-Link Debugger of the STM32F401RE to flash/debug external boards. Can I do the same with the Nucleo-STM32WL55JCx Board(using the MIPI10 Connector)?

I checked UM2592, and it only gives directions about using an external debugger(and turning off the on-board one).

Thank you

Amir

8 REPLIES 8
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @AElgh 

yes, you can use the Onboard ST-Link Debugger of the STM32F401RE as  an external debug tool to program the on-board STM32WL.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I think @AElgh was asking the opposite question?

ie, can the on-board ST-Link of the Nucleo-STM32WL55JCx be used to program/debug an external target?

@STTwo-32 exactly as Andrew said, I wanted to use the on board ST-Link of the nucleo STM32WL to debug other boards (using the MIPI10 Connector)

I think that is not possible. There are no jumpers to disconnect SWD/SCK from the on board target as on the stlinkv2 boards.Maybe it can work, if both on board and external target have a  ADI DP V2 debug unit, Then maybe multi-drop can work.

Hello @AElgh 

Sorry for this Mistake, you can't use the on-board ST-Link of the STM32WL Nucleo Board to flash/debug external boards.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

That's a shame.

Was there a reason for removing this useful feature from this board?

@STTwo-32: Are you sure that Multidrop does not work? Multidrop must be implemented to talk to both CPUs e.g. on the WL55.

That may work. But we can't guarantee.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32