cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to update the FUS as shown in the Bluetooth Mesh Rapid Prototyping workshop. The Start FUS button does not show up after browsing to the desired binary. It seems to be automated on this version. Is that correct?

RBrow.2
Associate II

Bluetooth Mesh Rapid Prototyping workshop using the STM32WB5MM-DK

9 REPLIES 9
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

How do you connect to the module? which interface? which programming tool?

RBrow.2
Associate II

The Workshop uses the STM32WB5MM-DK board/devel kit. I use the STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeProgrammer, and STM32CubeMX to perform the steps as directed in the video along with the workshop video. I use the USB connection to the on board ST-Link to interface to the board. The versions were updated to match those shown in the workshop installation pdf:

- STM32CubeMX: version 6.2.0 minimum required, (mine is STM32CubeMX 6.2.1)

- STM32CubeProgrammer: version 2.6.0 minimum required,procedure. (mine is STM32CubeProgrammer 2.6.0)

- STM32CubeIDE: version 1.6.0 minimum required, (mine is Version: 1.6.1)

- STM32CubeWB: version 1.11.0 minimum required, (mine is 1.11.1)

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

What is the name of the binary file you want to use?

What is the version of the current FUS on the Disco board?

What are the options bytes values for SBRV and SFSA?

Remi <>, Answers to your questions: What is the name of the binary file you want to use? C:\Users\rex\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.11.1\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB5x\stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin What is the version of the current FUS on the Disco board? The Firmware version in the STM32CubeProgrammer says: V2J37M27 What are the options bytes values for SBRV and SFSA? SBRV: 0x32800 SFSA: 0xca I have attached a screen snip of the programmer screen that comes up when I click the Wireless Icon to do the Firmware Upgrade as instructed in the video. Rex Brown
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

OK. So the FW is properly loaded in Flash memory and the options bytes are cnsistent.

But the binary you want to upload is not a FUS binary.

I did not see the picture of the CubeProg interface at the time the issue happens. I don’t understand the issue you are facing.

RBrow.2
Associate II

There was a .jpg file in the email response. It probably is of no consequence but I will attempt to upload it here if I can.

Actually we were updating the BLE Full Stack using the FUS facility of the programmer. I am not sure there is a programmer, however, the screen that is displayed (as you should see in the uploaded picture, did not reflect the same screen in the video. The Anti-Rollback and Start FUS buttons were not displayed on my programmer screen. The button that the instructor used was the Start FUS button which was not present on my screen. The question was, why the button does not appear on my screen and whether or not it matters. I am assuming that the firmware was already updated to the latest release and the programmer detected that so it did not display the 2 missing buttons. However, it is always a concern when my screen does not match the instructors screen and there is no explanation as to why.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

The Anti-Rollback and Start FUS buttons are only available in the v2.7 of CubeProgrammer. This is why you dont see those buttons.

In the end your FW is correctly loaded. You dont need anything else except your application to be loaded.

Ok, Thanks.  You can close the case.
Rex